Do you have extra fabric like I do? {I won't admit the amount that I have...}
Here's a quick little tutorial on how to revive your scrap fabric and turn it in to a cute little hair clip or brooch. It's quick and easy and takes 10 minutes.
Cut or tear the fabric into 1 inch strips. Tearing gives it a little more texture. Once you have cut the fabric then cut it into small pieces. The first couple I made I didn't stagger the length. The next ones I made a staggered a little bit. It is your own personal preference. I kind of like both. You can use different fabrics or you can you the same piece. It doesn't really matter. Just make it your own.
Once you have your fabric cut, grab the brad that you want to you and start layering your fabric. The brads that I used poked through the fabric real easy. If that doesn't work then make a tiny cut in the fabric and poke through. Add as many layers as you'd like. Don't go too many though because you need to be able to fold the brad in the back.
Now that the fabric is on, decide if you want a hair clip or a brooch. Attach that to the back. You can glue a piece of fabric on the back to hold everything in place or a piece of fabric tape and you are all done! Look how cute!! And so fast when you need a quick accessory in a bind!
Enjoy!
2 comments:
What a FAB idea! Way to use up those extras!
Hi!
I love these simple flowers you have created, and the tutorial is so easy to follow.
Thanks for sharing it!
I would like to feature this post over on my blog because I am doing a "flower power" list. These cute ones would make a great addition!
Will you please email me and let me know if you allow this?
Thank you!
Amber
http://sistersallys.blogspot.com
Post a Comment