2/14/08

Vacation in Texas!!

Several months ago I had my oldest niece Makailey and my oldest nephew Jacob come and spend a few days. We had a blast. It was a bit of an experience to get them here but it was fun while they were here. Here are a bunch of the things we did.
Makailey got here early afternoon on the first day. I decided that we would do the girl thing and go shopping and shopping and even more shopping. Both of us were exhausted that day but we had a blast going to shop after shop. We went to an outlet mall between San Antonio and Austin. We got to spend most of the day together.
Late that night we picked up Jake from the Austin Airport. That was the closest direct flight for him to come in on. Needless to say at that point we were all exhausted with an hour drive ahead of us. We pulled over at Sonic, got huge slushes and headed to San Antonio. I decided to have a little bit of fun with them coming and leave them a few treats. Their own Texas post cards to get them started and a Texas Uno game.


The next day we went to Natural Bridge Caverns. They are underground caverns here. We picked the wettest day to go. It was a down pour that day. I guess it was good that we were underground for most of it. Here are a few pictures from there. You can see we were a little wet that day.

After that extremely wet day we decided to drive by the San Antonio Temple and then go to eat at Golden Corral. (I let them pick the places.. )
The next day we were hoping wouldn't be as wet. We decided to go to Sea World! It ended up being a great day. Here are a few photos of the shows. We had a blast. Makailey and I didn't get wet that day but Jake opted to sit up front in the splash zone for a few of the shows.
The funnest part was the Steel Eel. Although, as you can tell from the picture, Jake wasn't too sure about it.
The last day we spent downtown. If you go downtown San Antonio you have to take the "token" photo by the Alamo. So here are Jake and Mak by the Alamo. We also went to see the Riverwalk(well, part of it) and wandered around down town until we needed to head for the airport.

I'm so glad these two were able to come and visit me. I'm so glad that their parents let them... Although it may be a while before that happens again.... ;) I don't think it will be as traumatic to travel to SLC.

No comments: