Have you ever found a piece of fabric that you totally love but you're not sure how you want to use it? I found a piece like that. I love this fabric. Isn't it great!!! I decided I had to make it into some sort of wall art.
To start out with I cut a piece of the fabric and stapled it around a board.
The next thing you need to do is decide what "Embellishments/Glitter" you want to add. For mine I chose black gem stones, pink seed beads and black glitter.
The next step would be deciding where you want to add your "glitter". Once you've decided, add the glue (I just used regular craft clue). Sprinkle on your glitter and let dry for a while. Once it is dry enough to stick and not move go ahead and shake the excess off. If you are doing more that one type you'll want to wait until one dried completely before you start another one. That way you don't have glitter or beads sticking in areas you don't want.
Once you have added all the "bling" you want you are done! How simple is that?!? So easy and so fun! I love this piece of fabric. They are definitely my colors but I am not decorating with them right now. What to do, What to do... I couldn't turn it down. Now it's your turn!! (ps, I have more of the fabric ;)...)
Once you have added all the "bling" you want you are done! How simple is that?!? So easy and so fun! I love this piece of fabric. They are definitely my colors but I am not decorating with them right now. What to do, What to do... I couldn't turn it down. Now it's your turn!! (ps, I have more of the fabric ;)...)
Good Luck on your project!!
Linked to......
Todays Creative Blog
A Vision to Remember
It's a HodgePodge Life
Finding Fabulous
Under The Table And Dreaming
Tatertots And Jello
Linked to......
Todays Creative Blog
A Vision to Remember
It's a HodgePodge Life
Finding Fabulous
Under The Table And Dreaming
Tatertots And Jello
5 comments:
I love the embellishments you did on the fabric! sooo awesome.
I've done a HUGE fabric covered canvas for my livingroom, and I just LOOOOVE it. So inexpensive for art too! (and interchangeable as your style changes!)
What a cool wall art idea. I like that you glued on beads instead of taking all the time to stitch them on; it totally works for this craft.
I found you through Tatertots and Jello.
Hello fellow Bird's Papaya award winner. I just wanted to come by and see your blog! I've done these fabric things before, but I never thought to fancy them up a bit. So nice!
Hey, bring those over so we can see if they "go" in a certain little girl's room...
I'm not sure Em. I think "certain little girl" is extremely spoiled. So spoiled in fact that if these don't work I may do a brand new one for her... If they don't, I have the canvases already for different ones. I'll bring them over.
Post a Comment