This past Christmas I went to Florida to visit Mom and Dad. During that trip I got to do some of their daily missionary duties along with other fun things. We drove down the Keys and spent Christmas in Marathon. They showed me where they lived and the members in the area. We also travelled down to Key West and the "Southern Most Point." I'd show you pictures but I am not big on taking pictures with just myself. We also spent a day at an Alligator farm, rode an
airboat out on the Everglades, tasted alligator. It was OK, but not my favorite.. I met the members of their small branch and got to spend time with them at their Christmas Party. I had a great time. I decided that over the past few years I have spent Christmas in several different states, doing different activities... from Florida, Texas, Utah, Arizona, on everglades alligator farms, to snowmobiling or sitting outside in the Texas heat enjoying the day. As long as you are with family and friends, I guess it doesn't matter where you are at.
Beautiful Florida Sunset. It was great out there and I caught the picture right before it set.

A few of the alligators out on the alligator farm at feeding time. There weren't that many right then but by the time feeding was over there were some many walking all over each other.
For Christmas our family decided not to do presents for each other but to do presents for all of the members in the Deaf Branch in Florida where my dad is the Branch President. It was so fun to be with the members that day. I can only really spell my name in sign language but it was fun to watch the facial expressions. They were so excited and thankful for the packages. The sisters decorated the boxes. I got to go to Sam's Club with mom and dad to buy all the fruit and veggies and breads, etc. The boxes were full of great stuff. It's always great to do something like that for Christmas. Thanks everyone for helping make that happen for this small branch.
1 comment:
It was fun, thanks for coming
Post a Comment